I did a study twice in Little Rock called Women of Grace. The focus of the study is on the unique vocation of women as spiritual mothers. It just so happens that I am doing this study again this year. I was invited to a Bible study without knowing that this would be the focus of the study. The group is very intimate and we are going about the study much more organically than it was originally intended, which is enabling us to be much more thorough and to dig really deep into it. I am very grateful for this group of women and their honesty and openness.
Along the same lines, a book that I am reading is called "The Apostolate of Holy Motherhood." It is really helping me to see how conducive my days are to contemplation. It is revolutionizing the way I am going about my daily life in my vocation. Though I fall so many times, this is giving me a wonderful goal to strive after.
Paul and I were really disgusted with an article in the paper this morning which dealt with the arrival of children in families. It seems so sad to us that children are so often viewed as "intrusive" and "divisive". The article didn't come right out and say that, but it was certainly implied. I hope that I can come up with a gentle and loving response that points out the error of such a way of thinking. One of the quotes was about a mother who didn't know who her "self" was anymore. I feel so blessed to have our faith. I have to be honest and admit that I have certainly felt like that and I think most mothers at some point do, but I'm so grateful to have the Church and her guidance to show me what all of this is really about. It brings to mind the scripture verse--"Whoever saves his life will lose it and whoever loses his life will save it."
7.11.07
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment