1.11.07

GUILTY

The other day Mags was given a bag of lovely chocolate candies. I, having the privileged position of mother, put the bag in a spot where I would have control over the removal of any chocolates. Daddy happened to see this spot while I was upstairs putting Tommy to bed. He took out a piece for his enjoyment, but did not put the bag back. Then, he went to the bathroom for some personal time. As I came down the stairs, I heard Maggie saying, "I eat a pumpkin, Mommy, I eat a pumpkin." I wondered what she was talking about...until I saw her. I could not get over the look of guilt on her face. I very quickly realized this was a chocolate pumpkin that she was speaking of. She had chocolate all over her face, hands, and on the legs of her pajamas. Just as I was cleaning her up, Daddy blissfully walked out of the bathroom unaware of what had transpired.

No comments: